Monday, October 15, 2012

Things that go "Splat!" in the Night

Last night I woke up with my tongue glued to the roof of my mouth; a sure sign that I'd pulled my BIPAP mask off at some point and had "mouth breathed" (noisily to be sure but thankfully there was no one here to hear it).  I stagger/limped out to the kitchen and poured some of the sweet ginger syrup into a glass and reached into the fridge for the sparkling mineral water to make myself some of my yummy homemade ginger ale....But my half asleep body was uncoordinated and my arm shot out somehow, knocking the glass with a quarter inch of syrup in it to the floor, spinning, and spraying it in all directions over the floor my housecleaner had left squeaky clean on Thursday when I left for the weekend to go and see my daughter.  Here I was in the  house for less than 12 hours and already I'd made a mess.  Nothing to do but to fill up the sink and mop up the mess.

Did I mention that on the "stickiness scale" this syrup is a 12 out of 10??  I mopped the floor over three times during the course of last night and still when I walk on it there are spots that stick my shoes dead to the floor.  I'm getting completely frustrated...never mind the screaming pain I have in my arms and back due to elbow and shoulder joints which are bone on bone.  I mopped it "one last time" about a half hour ago and I am dreading the steps across the newly dried floor because I feel that inevitably I've missed some more spots..

To top it off, my husband just texted and he and my daughter are on their way back to my husband's and my house.  AND my dad is on his way here also to help with some end of summer tasks like taking the AC's out of the windows.  So shortly, havoc will reign.  I just want to hide with my kindle in my room.  Then this afternoon I have a pain management appointment which is a guaranteed long wait.  They can all just forget about dinner.  I'm not going to be in any shape to cook tonight.

All this is the lead-up to my announcement that my computer has been acting up and I will be sending this laptop back to Toshiba for repairs. Which means I will be without a computer for one or two weeks. :(  Not only is that a pain in the patootie, but I had to allow them to take my computer down to factory settings which means I have to reload all of my software and my music and manuscripts, and files etc etc.  Which would have been partially bad had it worked (which it didn't) and now I have to send it out anyway so it just sucks entirely.  What does this mean to you?  It means you will have to wait a while before another scintillating article comes to your monitor. 

So be patient, I will be back as soon as I can.  And maybe by then my kitchen floor will finally be clean.


No comments: