Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Morning Musings

This morning I am feeling awful.  I woke last night with an explosive headache.   I seriously thought I was having a stroke.  I took my BP with the blood pressure monitor I got for my last birthday - and it was 158/89.  Too high.  And that despite the fact that I'm on three different hypertension meds.  So last night I took an extra lasix and Cozaar and tried to sleep.  I only dozed, always being aware of my headache  This morning I felt even worse, took BP again and it was 159/97--and that was about two hours after taking the two extra meds.

So I just ate breakfast (a little early, because I wanted to hurry and take my meds).  I took my regular meds and we will see what happens.  The high BP could partly be because  I'm just coming off of a steroid taper--and that always raises it.

Today I have an appointment with my shoulder surgeon.  We are going to try ONE more time to re-schedule this first surgery....

Have you heard of an online site called "SmartyPig"?  It is like a virtual piggy bank...where you store real money. You can set savings goals for specific projects or purposes; for example, your child's college fund.  Or your Christmas spending money.....and then SmartyPig will deduct$ from your bank account one or two times a month....and they contribute 1% interest....Anyway. I'm not intending to be a spokesperson for them...but I just think "what a great idea!"  ...(btw, they are FDIC  insured etc etc)...And when someone mentions that  you referred them, that person will receive $10 (so if you are opening an account because of this, please feel free to drop my name :)    I can certainly use the $10.)

I've been running out of money at least one week prior to the month's end, and often two.  How does that happen?  It's true that I have a lot of medical bills....It's also true that I have to pay every penny of my own expenses....but it is also true that I've been spending too much.  There is no reason that I should run out so soon. And there is no excuse not to save.  It is possible for anyone to save...regardless of how little they have.  How do I know this?  I have a friend who is living in poverty....and despite her hunger and other needs, she puts aside a little bit each month.  Hearing that really convicted me.  I am not being wise in my handling of my finances....and I"ve made a commitment to myself and to God to change that.  Won't you join me in this?  End the cycle of debt and overspending in your life....self denial is a godly discipline and it's one that is all too uncommon these days.  I want to end that in my life.

No comments: