Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Who's your Daddy!"

It certainly is true that with every victory we attain for the purpose of Christ and advancing the gospel; or every victory in terms of gains in our personal life, success and character where we find encouragement--the enemy of our souls is right there with an attack of equal or greater proportions...blatant in his desire to see us leveled and back in the "Slough of Despond" where Christian found himself to be in Pilgrim's Progress.

I confess, coming home high, (and okay, maybe too high) from the victory and glorious time I'd had at the Philly Christian Writers' Conference; I was slammed in the face by a two tailed monster upon my return to home base. Here I found my family in complete turmoil and in the morass of negative emotions, which of course immediately, they sought to embroil me within...I was also in a weakened place physically - begin completely exhausted and drained by severe, severe pain; finding myself unable to even get out of the car once we arrived at home. I determined then to not deal with any family issue until I'd slept and slept well.

So sleep I did, for about 48 hours straight....waking at one or two points to be engulfed at once by the Enemy's dragon tail lash of discouragement and terror. Terror, as I realized the enormity of the task before me; in organization, writing, research, record keeping, learning many new things, networking, FUNDING said ventures, financial record keeping and tax declarations; all of which come hand in glove with this new "career" upon which threshold I teeter. And discouragement followed close at bay with the knowledge that I am in a life and death struggle to keep my own sanity in clear view through out any given day. This struggle takes all of my energy...all of my focus,...and pain sucks up every iota of strength and endurance I own.

I cannot do this task alone.
And I do not have the funds to pay others to come alongside and help.
I cannot afford to pay for a personal assistant which most surely I will need, even if just to handle the straightforward tasks of keeping my papers in order and a filing system of some kind going so that nothing of import gets lost.
I do not have the money to pay for a mentor's services....for a seasoned writer to offer advice and show me the ropes.
And I'm not even sure that I have the clarity of mind to write a manuscript that is cogent and sane enough to bear reading by the generally sane public. (okay, maybe that is a euphemistic portrayal of those who will read., but hey, always think the best, right?)

Yes, folks, to progress with this task will take more resources than I currently have at hand. And thus I need: a MIRACLE.

It was already a miracle for a relatively unpublished writer to land an interested publisher on what was really my first serious pitch....So cannot God miraculously provide for my other needs?? Of course he can...

In my moments of tired despair, in between hours of sandwiched sleep, I'd lost sight of the power and willingness of God to come "riding the winds" to my aid. I forgot that he "owns the cattle on a thousand hills" and that my few paltry outstanding bills are small change in his economy. I forgot that he, unlike most of the countries in the Western Hemisphere, is NOT in an economic pinch or crisis...that he is as wealthy as he ever was (Praise God!)...I forgot that which he desires-SHALL GO FORTH AND SHALL COME TO PASS despite any obstacle or hardship thrown in its path by the enemy. Who is it that I serve??
Not some weak, fallible human with skimpy resources and limited willingness to come to my aid. NO! I serve the Lord, King of Heaven's Armies who is not limited, weak or unwilling nor poor. And HE will BRING IT TO PASS....if it is his purpose to do so...And if not, then it will fall by the wayside and not be missed. Help me Father to trust in your loving strong hand.

"Girl, Who's your Daddy!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A most excellent post my friend. I think some of our best writing comes after moments of doubt and trouble. Its when our heart is most open, most open to Him.

I have seen some amazing miracles in my life, times when there looked like there was no hope and than He shows up in a way I could never have imagined.

Its funny though, I always seem to want to tell God how He should handle the situation. But He always does it His way. He always has a better idea in mind than me.

I am praying for you, Daddy knows best.

Your sis in Him
Caryn

Cynthia Lott Vogel said...

Caryn,
You are so wise...it's obvious that you've been around the block a few times with God in the lead...and also that you've had your times of struggle. i am a firm believer that without adversity one can never "go deep" with God. And it's obvious that you have done just that...
God blesses us in our pain.
And strengthen our faith in our doubt.
Blessings...
Cynthia

Elizabeth said...

So very inspiring. Yes, we must look to Him and you are right, it's not just anyone.
He is the Almighty!! Our message at church on Sunday was about Psalm 91. I encourage you to read it. Shelter yourself with the most High God, for He is Willing and able to protect and keep you.
Hallelujah!
-Liz

Cynthia Lott Vogel said...

Liz,
I just got done diving down into the depths of Psalm 91 for something like the 2000th time, as it is one of my favorite Psalms. What a great message to cancel our uncertainty and fear!

He is able and willing to protect and keep that which I've entrusted to him until the end. Time to start trusting more and worrying less.
ya think??