Sunday, July 24, 2011

If You Only Knew...


...If you only knew the gift God has waiting for you

and you knew who you are speaking to; you would ask ME

and I would give you living water....” John 4:10


God has me where he wants me: DESPAIRING...

...of my ability to act in a manner that consistently pleases him by my "good behavior."

Today as I read in John 4 verse 10, things began to click for me...

When Jesus asked the woman for a drink, the woman recognized her unworthiness and inadequacy (as least as her times perceived her to be) both as a woman and as a Samaritan...( a despised group) and she answered him “....How can I, a Samaritan, give you a drink??” In other words it's as if she was feeling like I've been feeling: sinful, stuck in bad habits, and unworthy...

And Jesus' answer does not at first appear to answer her question....He speaks the words in the above verse...

But He did answer her question!

Look again.

Our KNOWING HIM...and being filled with that LIVING WATER satisfies Jesus' thirst for relationship with us....and I know that is what I need.. My soul is thirsty...And yes, I am more and more recognizing my complete inadequacy to meet that thirst myself...

Then you would ask me....”

So I'm asking you Lord - in complete need - with a parched dry soul..."Do the same in me: reveal yourself to me...help me to really truly KNOW you, then flood me with that Living Water, your Spirit.

I want you to smile and say to the saints surrounding you “Ahhh, I have food and drink that you have no idea about.”

No comments: