Friday, November 20, 2009

Whom have I in heaven but you??

Whom have I in heaven but You? And I have no delight or desire on earth besides
You.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm
Strength of my heart and my Portion forever.

Psalm 73:25,26 (AMP)

I've been thinking a lot about heaven. Not being morbid or anything, but when you live in a body as troubled by illness as mine seems to be, it is a natural thing to look forward to finally being rid of all of that and to be no longer bound by things like pain, fatique, confusion, hallucinations, or breathlessness. But you know, I've also been thinking a lot more about how eager I am just to finally SEE my Adonai....and even my desire to roller blade on those golden highways, pales to a faint tickle in my anticipation of first, falling on my face before Him and then second, having Him take me by the hand and go for a long walk and talk with my Lord.

That's what this verse is all about. For some people, heaven is a reunion with those who've gone on before them; people they loved who have died and are now in heaven. For people who suffer physically or mentally, heaven takes on a different kind of appeal...But these two verses say that ALL THAT ASIDE: the real deal is to finally see the Lord Jesus and to just BE THERE with HIM. He is the only one we really will have eyes for. His love is the only real benefit we will thirst for; HE IS THE CENTER ATTRACTION....so much so that everything else pales in comparison.

I have a new habit; it is to go to my blog here and play and replay Kari Jobe's song "Healer" which I have embedded at the top of the sidebar. One day, yes, I will be healed....but the best thing is that HE IS MY PORTION; the only thing I will desire in heaven; the only one for whom I will have eyes.

No comments: